Green River Facilities
The City of Green River Parks and Recreation Department manages state-of-the-art indoor facilities and hundreds of acres of developed and undeveloped parkland.
- Green River Recreation Center - A facility to help support an active lifestyle and improving fitness for the entire family
- Expedition Island Pavilion - Green River's historical meeting location for large and small groups
- City Parks and Open Spaces - Green River's 28 City parks and open spaces offer aesthetically pleasing landscapes and shelters for picnics and hiking, sports and playground equipment, and even trails for walking and biking along the Greenbelt
- Reserve a Facility - You can rent any one of our Parks or Park Facilities. Just follow this link, put in your event date, the type of space you need, and click search to determine the eligibility of the space you are looking to reserve.
- CLOSED DUE TO RIVER CONDITIONS ~ Green River Whitewater Park and Tubing Channel - Independent of skill level and age, the Green River Whitewater Park provides an opportunity to interact with the City’s greatest natural resource at Expedition Island Park. Use of these Whitewater Park and North Channel Tubing channel is at no cost and provides an opportunity to not only get in the water, but a great place for a picnic, a walk, a bike ride or just a beautiful area to sit and enjoy the natural beauty of the Green River.
Green River also offers several facilities available to rent for events like receptions, birthday parties, banquets, etc.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 307-872-6148 or 307-872-6151.