Clerk of the Court
50 East 2nd North
Ph: (307) 872-0550
Fx: (307) 872-6115
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Municipal Court is presided over by Judge Jason Petri. The Municipal Judge has exclusive jurisdiction over all criminal violations of ordinances of the City of Green River. Fines do not exceed $750 for any one offense and imprisonment does not exceed six months.
Schedule of Arraignments
The Municipal Court Office is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Arraignments are scheduled at 9:00 am Mondays and Wednesdays. Trials are scheduled throughout the week.
Welcome to the Municipal Court
When Appearing for Court:
Be on time.
Check in with the Municipal Court Clerk’s Office prior to entering the Courtroom.
Turn off Cell Phones.
No hats are to be worn in the Courtroom.
No gum in the Courtroom.
If you have been called for Jury Duty, you will be serving as a potential juror in the Municipal Court for six months. Jurors are randomly selected from licensed drivers and registered voters by the Wyoming Supreme Court. To be able to serve on a Jury is one of the most important civil obligations a citizen has the opportunity to perform.
Once the questionnaire has been completed and returned to this court, you will be notified by mail when you are to report for a trial. You must inform the court of any change of address, employer or if you’ve had your name changed. You must also notify the court of any pre-scheduled vacations, business trips, doctor’s appointments, etc. as soon as your plans are made and before receiving a letter summoning you to The Municipal Court for a specific trial.
Jurors are paid a jury service fee allowed by Wyoming State Law of $30.00 per day after the conclusion of the jury trial. Prior to the day of Jury Trial, please contact this court after 4:00 PM to verify if the trial is still proceeding at 307-872-0552.
Request for Background Record Checks:
For those needing a Background Records Check, you may print a Request for Background Check form
. Fill it out completely and mail to the address on the form. There is a $10.00 fee per record check. Please send a Cashier’s Check or Certified Funds only.
Municipal Court programs include the following:
- Defensive Driving School - The Municipal Court is offering Street Rules Online, an online defensive driving class.
- Teen Court - Teen Court is an alternative sentencing program for teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 who are charged with a first offense.
- Alive at 25 - A National Law Enforcement Curriculum provided by the Wyoming Highway Patrol for drivers between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Plea Agreement Regarding Speed - For first time offenders and offered to both juveniles and adults.
- STOPLifting.com - An online education course designed specifically for shoplifters.
Please contact this court for further information prior to beginning any program this court provides.