The Green River Recreation Center’s Annual Shutdown will take place August 15th through September 4th. Updates will be made during this time. In addition to the below listed items in maintenance, the staff will be performing a deep cleaning of the facility.
- The Swimming Pool will be closed Tuesday, August 15th through Friday, August 18th. The pool stainless steel will be deep cleaned to maintain the extensive work refinished from last year, the tile on deck will be buffed, tile under the water in the deep end will be repair along with a hairline crack in the cement, and a new tuff coat will get laid on the tile to replace some of the on deck mats. The Swimming Pool is projected to open back up Saturday, August 19th.
- The Gymnasium will be closed from Tuesday, August 22nd through Monday, September 4th. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. The Gymnasium will open back up Tuesday, September 5th.
- Racquetball Courts 1 and 4 will be closed from Wednesday, August 23rd through Monday, September 4th. The floors are being screened to take away damage from hard usage; two coats of finish will be applied to the floors, and finally set to dry. The Racquetball Courts will open back up Tuesday, September 5th.
- Front Desk
- Cardio Hallway
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Inner/Outer Weight Room
- Locker Rooms/Restrooms
- Ping Pong and Pool Table
- Wet Area (Steam Room/Sauna/Hot Tub)
- Racquetball Courts 2 and 3
- Downstairs Meeting Room
As many parts of the Green River Recreation Center will remain open and available to the public, there will not be extensions on memberships or discounts on fees. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. These scheduled maintenance activities are essential and necessary to maintain a quality, clean and safe facility for our patrons every other week of the year.
We will be having an “Open House” at the Green River Recreation Center on Saturday, September 9, 2017 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM and admission will be free to all participants. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Thank you for your loyal patronage.
For more information on this and other programs please contact the front desk of the Green River Recreation Center at 307-872-0511 extension “0”.