- City Departments
- Municipal Court
- Prep for Court
Prep for Court
Welcome to municipal court we will be happy to help you if we can. We have provided some tip to help prepare you for court.
When Appearing for Court:
- Be on time.
- Check in with the Municipal Court Clerk's Office prior to entering the Courtroom.
- Turn off Cell Phones.
- Be respectful.
- Dress Appropriately.
- No hats are to be worn in the Courtroom.
- No food, drink or gum in the Courtroom.
How we can and cannot help:
As we must be fair to everyone, we are allowed to help you only in certain ways. This is a list of some things court personnel can and cannot do for you.
- We can explain and answer general questions about how the court works.
- We can give you general information about court rules, procedures and practices.
- We can provide you the number for lawyer referral services. Wyoming Sate Bar 307-632-9061
- We can provide court schedules and your options for your court case.
- We can give you information that is not restricted from your case file.
- We can provide you with court forms and instructions that are available.
- We can usually answer questions about court deadlines.
- We cannot tell you whether or not you should contest your case in court.
- We cannot tell you what words to use in your court papers or whether they are correct.
- We cannot tell you what to say in court.
- We cannot give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- We cannot conduct legal research for you or give you legal advice.
- We cannot talk to the Judge for you or let you talk to the Judge outside of court.
- We cannot alter court documents.
Our ability to assist you will depend on the time and resources available as well as the scope of our responsibilities, knowledge and experience.